Monday, August 20, 2007

Technical Analysis Course organised by SGX

Last Saturday (18 Aug), I had to wake up at 7am to attend a SGX seminar on Technical Analysis. 7am on a Saturday morning is VERY early by my standard. But unlike waking up to get to work on weekday, I was full of vigour that morning knowing that I am going to be another step closer to my goal of beem financial indenpendant.

To get a place in the seminar, I had to register for it way back in June 2007 (This was before I attended Adam Khoo's Wealth Acadamy in July).

The 2-hour SGX course was conducted at a SMU lecture threatre. The course focused mainly on:

  1. Candle-Stick Basics (reading candles and scenerios like Shooting star, Hammer, etc)
  2. Indicators like Moving Averages, RSI, Stochatics
  3. Case studies on SGX stocks like Noble, Hyflux, Creative, etc

Overall, this 2 hours was more like a refresher for me as I am familiar with most of the concepts introduced. Had I knew nothing about Candle Sticks and Indicators, I think I will be quite lost since the trainer didn't to indepth in explaining the concepts. The materials provided are also of poor quality because it contains screenshots of full-page charts with very little explanation on how to interprete them. I guess its a case of paying peanuts and getting monkeys. The course fee is just $25. Having said that, I still think that the course is a good refresher for me.

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 at 2:00 AM , Blogger Z-Bunny said...

Want to mentioned that on the same Saturday, I attended a free seminar organised by SIAS, which stands for Securities Investors Association (Singapore).

The seminar was held in SGX Centre 1 in Shenton Way. The semniars consisit of 2 parts:
1) Introduction to Structured Products by Rabobank
2) What is the issue with US Sub-Prime regulations and how it impacts global financial markets

What I took away from this seminar is that I got to understand better on how tightening of the US Sub Prime property loans created a cascading effect on global markets.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google
Google